Saturday, March 10, 2012

It's a squirrel, it's a raccoon, it's a skunk...


random forest creature

I'll be honest. I have no idea wtf this is. Neither do my ever so reliable facebook friends. What I do know is I embroidered it, I like it, and it's going on pinky's dress.

This dress right here:



I have a soft spot for vintage patterns. This one came from etsy forever and ever ago. I didn't realize it involved smocking and at the time, I didn't know how to smock. So I tucked it away, figuring pinky would grow out of it before I got around to it.

But thanks to a lovely lady I've never met named Gail Doane, a book called Sew Cute Couture, and likely the only New Year's Resolution I'll ever keep, I know how to do this:




It's 9:40pm and I plan to slap this dress on a kid in twelve hours. Explain to me why I'm such a procrastinating hussy?

Please and thank you

No comments:

Post a Comment