Friday, July 6, 2012

Perfect Timing

Today, I packed three squirming, yammering kids up in my car and strolled on down to the beach for the first time since we moved here five years ago.

I know, I know but look, the only thing less appealing than spending the day amongst other people's children is the fear of finding your place or any place be it a parking spot or a lounging out spot amid throngs of people. I mean how hard is to say excuse me or I'm sorry?? Ugh, but that's a rant for another time. The fact of the matter is the only reason we ended up at the beach today is because p&p's school gave them free passes for the Tybee Science Museum and I promised I would take them.

I should amend my first paragraph. It wasn't a stroll. It was more like a steaming trip along the highway in my sweltering heatbox of an air condition-less car. The poor baby was sweating up a storm, a little frown puckering his eyebrows. Pinky's wispy little curls were plastered to her face and pete was thisclose to hanging his head out of the window like an old hound dog on a road trip. I was beginning to regret leaving the house without stopping at the gas station for my usual bazillion ounce vanilla Fanta when wouldn't you know it but the perfect song came on the radio.

How does that work, I wonder? How are there just certain songs in this world that just make you feel instantly cooler?

I swear I could even feel a deliciously cool breeze on my face.

Thank you, Otis.



No comments:

Post a Comment