Saturday, September 15, 2012

Pinterests wrongs and pinterest rights

Yay for crappy photography!

Like everyone else on the crafting/food/fashion blogging planet, I am enamored with Pinterest. It's sad really how quickly my life has come to revolve around a website I considered useless just three months ago. As you'll note in my last post, I'm getting an awful lot of inspiration. This can be a good thing considering we were in a bit of a food rut and a bad thing since I spend time pinning things when I should be in bed.

One of the first things I tried was the brilliant idea to mix avocado with egg salad. I don't know where I got it. I don't even think I pinned it but if you're sad that I didn't credit you, you'll have to live with the disappointment. It's avocado . . . in egg salad, not exactly a novel idea UNTIL YOU TRY IT!

At first, I was unimpressed, much like my initial thoughts on pinterest. I won't tell you what it resembled as no one on earth would put something in their mouth with that description no matter how much I wax poetic afterwards. Suffice to say that avocado should be added along with the mayonnaise, not as a substitute. It was glorious. oh so glorious. So feeling mighty fine, I decided I'd put some in mr man's chicken salad since he doesn't like egg salad, some being the avocado of course.

I might have eaten half his avocado chicken salad before his lunch could be packed away. I really couldn't say. I slapped that stuff on some oatmeal bread and inhaled it like a near drowning victim just rescued from a watery grave. (I just said, didn't I?)

Of course I bet now you're wondering why there's a bowl of shrimp and rice in this post now, aren't you?

This is where we come to the pinterest failures portion of this tale. I linked a recipe for Honey Lime Shrimp yesterday all excited to try it out. Well, don't, unless you're willing to give it a huuuuuuuuuuge overhaul or unless you've always envisioned shrimp for dessert. It's just too sweet. Thankfully, I was able to redeem the sugar sauce with some teriyaki, chinese five spice, and some ginger. Pinky stirfried up some broccoli and red pepper and I made some rice with recaito (a cilantro and onion sauce from goya.)

So I guess it wasn't a complete failure.

Wanna follow me on pinterest?

Click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment