Saturday, January 5, 2013

A good start



My hair look gorgeous, does it not?

Well, here it is, my first Sew Simple of the year. Three pieces, front and back cut on the fold and sleeves, four if you count the strip I cut to finish the neckline. I used McCalls 6571, view A. I'd give you a review of the pattern but I didn't use the instructions. The fabric is a ponte knit I pulled out of the red tag section at Joann's. It was 50% off and called to me from among the poly chiffons, mostly because of the thin silver stripe between the white and navy. I'll try to get a better picture when I wear it ice skating tomorrow.

We're going to play don't ask, don't tell when it comes to the fiber content. Just know that it feels like heaven and I want to live in it. My only regret is that I didn't add a bit of length to it. It looks just perfect but that's because I've not hemmed it. I might never hem it. The ponte won't fray. It does look a wee but unfinished though. You tell me. To hem or not to hem?



3 comments:

  1. Cut another strip and bias bind the bottom. Finished,but no lost length.

    ReplyDelete